Prepare your home before the storm!
Not only does summertime bring along warmer temps, it also brings the increased risk of damaging thunderstorms to the Davenport and Bettendorf area. SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf are here to help you clean up your home or business after the storm, but right now we want to talk about what a home or business owner can do before a storm hits to help decrease the potential damages done to your structure. Here are some tips that could benefit you when a storm hits.
- Remove dead or rotting tree branches that pose a threat to your property. These branches pose a greater risk to fall and cause damage
- Secure any outdoor objects, such as lawn furniture, that could be blown away or that could potentially cause damage to your home or a neighbor's.
- Shutter your windows, and be sure to secure any outside doors. If your are not able to shutter your windows, make sure to at least close your window blinds, shades, or curtains.
- Before the storm hits your area, be sure to unplug any unnecessary electronic equipment
If a storm has damaged your home or business, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf at (563) 386-3540.
An Emergency Supply Kit could prove life saving when a storm hits
When a storm is bearing down on your home there is one thing that could prove life saving to your family if the storm causes major damage to home, or neighborhood. This is the Emergency Supply Kit. Every home should have a kit made in case of a massive storm damages your home or business. These are the recommended items that you should have for your Emergency Preparedness Kit for your home or business.
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food (non-perishable 3 day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks of bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local Maps
- Hygiene items
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies identification and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container.
Stay alert to the presence of mold
We here at SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf deal with water damages everyday. Unfortunately sometimes water damage also brings along the prospects of potentially having mold. When an area has been affected by moisture, the potential for mold increases. When water has damaged your home or business, it is of extreme importance to remove the excess water and to make sure the structure is dry. If your home or business has had an ongoing moisture problem is very important to say alert to the following conditions.
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused an undetected mold growth
- Excessive humidity
If you think your home or business has mold do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf at (563) 386-3540!
Summer is here! And so are the storms!
SERVPRO of DAVENPORT/BETTENDORF is here to help the next time a storm damages your home!
When Storms Hit Davenport or Bettendorf be sure to call SERVPRO!
Summer starts today, and we have already had our fair share of storms around the Quad Cities. Living here in the midwest, we all know how much damage our severe thunderstorms can cause. Hail can wreak havoc on roofs. Heavy rains can cause lead to flooded basements. Wind can knock down trees that could potentially destroy your home.
No matter how much damage a storm causes to your home or business, always remember that SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf is here to help with the clean up. Next time the sirens go off in your neighborhood, all the way from Muscatine to Clinton, remember that SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf is more than ready to assist your home or business with the clean up.
If Your Davenport, Bettendorf, Muscatine, or Clinton Home or Business Has Been Damaged By A Storm Call SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf at (563) 386-3540
If Your Home's Sump Pump Fails, SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf Can Help!
Sump pumps are a very important feature to any home. Without getting technical, and to make a long story short, Sump Pumps keep your basement dry. When heavy rains hit, the pump kicks in and take water away from your home. It is extremely important to discuss your pump's coverage with your insurance agent, because sometimes these pumps can fail and cause damage to your home.
A power outage, from a storm for instance, can cause your pump to fail which could result in a flooded basement. SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf have seen too many sump pump failures to count. We can't service your pump, but we can help clean up when a pump malfunction damages your basement.
If your Davenport, Bettendorf, Muscatine or Clinton home has a flooded basement due to sump pump failure call SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf at (563) 386-3540.
Davenport, Bettendorf, Le Claire, and Clinton Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 563-386-3540
Davenport, Bettendorf, Muscatine and Clinton Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in the Iowa/Illinois Quad Cities and surrounding areas.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Davenport, Bettendorf, Muscatine or Clinton basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (563) 386-3540
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (563) 386-3540
When Storms or Floods hit the Quad Cities SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in the Quad Cities and surrounding areas.
SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
Whether storms hit Davenport, Bettendorf, Muscatine, or Clinton, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 563-386-3540
Does Your Quad Cities Home Have A Mold Problem
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 563-386-3540
For Immediate Service in IL/IA Quad Cities Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Quad Cities Area home. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 563-386-3540
Whether your Quad Cities Area home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Davenport or Bettendorf commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration