Do’s and Don’ts of drying out clean water in home or business
The following are a few helpful tips on action you or your family can follow until SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf arrives:
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting or hardwood floors.
- Open and place luggage in sunlight to dry, if possible.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible.
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use TV’s or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
Take the proper precautions when dealing with water damage. Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. Your local SERVPRO professionals have the training and equipment to help make it, “Like it never even happened.” Call us at (563) 386-3540.