Join the SERVPRO team as a Carpet Cleaning Technician
Carpet Cleaning Technician
SERVPRO of Davenport/Bettendorf-Moline/Rock Island is now accepting applications for full time, career-oriented team members. We specialize in residential and commercial cleanup and restoration caused by fire, water and mold. In addition, we do carpet cleaning, duct cleaning, post construction, crime scene, biohazard, and vandalism cleaning.
We are rapidly growing operation with great opportunity for advancement! Our team is seeking people who are comfortable working hard in challenging situations, enjoy meeting new people and have excellent communication skills. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you’ll thrive in this work environment.
As a valued SERVPRO® employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, benefits, and the opportunity to learn and grow.
As a Carpet Cleaning Technician, your primary responsibility will be to provide carpet, upholstery, and rug cleaning services utilizing our Showcase cleaning process.
Additional duties associated with this position include:
- Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and clean equipment appearance.
- Prepare rooms/areas for work activities. Set up staging area and equipment for each project.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Utilize tools and equipment to perform services.
- Assist other technicians.
- Perform cleaning processes following SERVPRO®
- Follow instruction on written work orders.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with manager and other technicians (especially regarding customer needs and concerns).
- Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown. Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions
- Complete detailed job records.
- Work with production crew when not providing carpet services.
- Ability to work a rotating on-call schedule, and nights and weekends when necessary.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic math skills
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred but not required.
Pay Rate and Hours
Starting wage between $11 - $12 per hour, depending on experience. We offer health and dental insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), and SIMPLE Retirement Plan.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm (or until job complete), plus nights and weekends as necessary.
To apply, email resume to ronda@SERVPROdavenport.com or stop into the office at 7208 N. Jebens Avenue in Davenport.
No phone calls please.