Water damage at church
Water and moisture can cause both structural and content damage when unnoticed. Even a small leak, left untreated, can lead to big losses.
Because mold growth can begin in less than 48 hours, water damage should be handled by trained professionals who have the equipment and knowledge to treat the situation, regardless of the size.
If you experience a water situation there are some things you can do until help arrives:
- Shut off the source of the water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas when access to the power distribution panel is safe from shock.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe water from wood furniture and remove from the wet area, if possible, otherwise place aluminum foil between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Remove from walls are wet area all items that are valuable or sensitive to moisture, i.e. – Paintings, art objects, computers, documents, etc.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet flooring.