Fall Fire Safety
The first day of fall was yesterday and with the change of the season comes loads of fun activities... bonfires, candles, and maybe even some baking! All of these things are fun, but we know that they can become dangerous quickly. That’s why we want to share some important fall fire safety tips to our fellow Quad Citians!
- Check your smoke detectors and make sure they are working properly… don’t forget to change your batteries with the time change!
- If you’re having a bonfire, make sure you’re in an open area away from overhanging branches and anything else that could catch on fire.
- Have a garden hose near your bonfire in case of emergency.
- Keep lit candles at least twelve inches away from anything that can burn and out of reach of children or pets.
- Use a timer when baking so you don’t lose track of time.
- When baking batter, put a baking pan underneath your dish to catch batter or excess liquid.
Enjoy the season safely! And remember that if disaster strikes, SERVPRO is here to help!